If you’re like us, you can eat tomatoes every day, any day and all day. But as much as we love tomatoes, eating it the same way all the time may get boring and the last thing we want is to get bored of tomatoes. Fortunately, we have a solution!
We have Tomato Recipe Thursday every week on our Facebook page, but that is not really centered around a particular meal. In order to make sure you have plenty of tomato recipes for every meal of the day, we wanted to pass on some of our favorites. Give them a try!
The most important meal of the day! A classic way of having tomato for breakfast is freshly sliced or wedged pieces, maybe with a little salt and/or pepper. But there are so many other ways you can have tomatoes.
- The Full English Breakfast: Sausage, bacon, fried eggs, baked beans, roasted tomato, mushrooms, and toast.
- Greek Scrambled Eggs: Eggs, chopped tomato, feta, kalamata olives
- Eggs Baked in Tomatoes: Cut the top of each vine-type tomato, scoop out the insides, crack an egg in each, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Roma Eggs: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Roma-Eggs
Lunch and dinner tomato dishes are not mutually exclusive. Lunch dishes can be had for dinner and vice versa, but, since we’re splitting each meal, we’ll stick to the more lunch-type dishes here. Let’s start with a sandwich you don’t see every day.
- Fried Plantain Sandwich: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Patacon-Maracucho
- We always put tomato in a sandwich, but how about a pure Tomato Sandwich? http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Tomato-Sandwich
- Lunch party? Try these Pimento Cheese Sandwhiches: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Pimento-Cheese-Sandwich
The final meal of the day (unless you’re a Hobbit). Any of these can bring some tomato dish variety into your evening meal.
- Some Tomato Risotto perhaps? http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/tomato-risotto
- Chicken with Herb-Roasted Tomatoes & Pan Sauce: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chicken-with-herb-roasted-tomatoes-and-pan-sauce
- Portuguese Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs: http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/portuguese-tomato-soup-with-poached-eggs
- For something lighter, try this Farmer’s Salad with Beet Vinaigrette: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Farmers-Salad-with-Beet-Vinaigrette