Tomato sandwiches are some people’s favorite summertime lunch. There’s nothing better than juicy, fresh, ripe tomato slices in between two slices of bread. There are countless ways to make a tomato sandwich, so try some of these the next time you need a delicious lunch.
Tomato Sandwich with Mayo and Basil
- Chop basil, and then mix it in with mayo. You may want to add more flavor by adding lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt.
- Spread the mayo on two slices of bread. Slice a tomato and place it on one of the slices. Place the other side on top, and you’re ready to eat.
Marinated Tomato Sandwich
- Mix olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and place sliced tomatoes inside of it. You only need to marinate them for 10 minutes.
- While they are marinating, mix mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and parsley together. Spread it on one slice of bread.
- Put the marinated tomatoes on the other slice of bread and top it with the one with the mayo.
- Additional tip: Try putting it under the broil to toast the bread and tomatoes. It makes the tomato flavor come out so much more.
Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Slice tomatoes and place them on one slice of bread. Take another slice of bread and top with your favorite cheese. Put the two slices of bread together and butter each side.
- Put the sandwich in a non-stick pan and toast each side of it over medium heat. The cheese should melt as the bread is toasting.
- Remove your sandwich from the pan and enjoy!
Before you give these sandwiches a try, don’t forget to stock up on Tasti-Lee tomatoes, delicious and nutritious! Visit our website at http://tastilee.com/ for more Tasti-Lee info.